Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Feet - Big Foot 04-27-12

 
This picture made me think about the places I never go anymore - one of them is a men's store.  Although I once bought shirts and socks and underwear for my husband, since I have been a widow I rarely go anywhere near such a place.  Although when I got the brace on my ankle I had to go to an SAS shoe store (both men's and women's shoes) to find a shoe large enough to accommodate the brace,but not as large as the one above. My shoes have Velcro closures which my arthritic hands don't handle well, so I use a pair of pliers to pull the straps up tight.  I recently read a Blog post by a lady who wears a size 12 narrow shoe and has a hard time finding something her size that is stylish.  I gave up on stylish a long time ago, but wearing men's shoes is still hard to take.  Oh, well - we do what we have to do, don't we?   
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dolores said...

No one looks at your shoes, Del, they are captivated by your smiling face and hats!!! Don't give it a thought. XX

Rayna said...

If it helps, who cares? You always look so elegant that you make anything seem fashionable.

I did have a twinge walking through Bloomingdale's men's department the other day...