Sunday, April 28, 2013

Amazing Mountains 04-28-13

Anytime I drive I-5 through NoCalifornia, Oregon and Washington, I hope to see all of the snow capped mountains.  Mt. Shasta in NoCalifornia was out of her cloud cover and wearing her thick white robes when I drove up.  And now I have seen a few more mountains.  Perhaps I'll catch the rest on the way south.


 I have added Mt. Baker to the sights seen - way off on the mainland.  04-26-13
 

Mt. Baker - My camera is not strong enough to take a clear image at such a distance.  But I think this makes an interesting picture. 04-26-13
 
 
Mt. Baker on another day when the sky was clearer.  The fir trees are just north of Coupeville, WA.  04-26-13
 

On Thursday after the class was over I sat on a bench on the Coupeville waterfront enjoying the view and a scope of ice cream.  In the far distance the snow capped Twin Sisters Mountains.  04-25-13
 

Here is my bench - under a blooming cherry tree.  I can't imagine what the canisters are for.  04-25-13

On Friday I went exploring and from the highway I had a glimpse of the Olympic Mountains off to the west, so I took the next road that went that direction and saw signs indicating a walking trail.  
 

I found a trail head with parking and followed the path toward the water.  04-26-13
 

It turned out I had quite a hike to get a clear view of the Olympics.  In the distance are the mountains on the peninsula.  In the center of the picture is an old block house build in the mid-1800's and an old house of equal vintage.  I wonder if they are replicas, they seem to be in amazing shape for buildings exposed to the elements for over 150 years.   04-26-13
 

The block house is on the right of the picture.  The Olympics in the distance.  04-26-13

I continued north on the highway to Oak Harbor which was very busy getting ready for their Holland Festival this weekend. 

A rather incongruous image with the heavy traffic in the foreground and the tops of the very wild Olympics poking up in the distance. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Your trail head picture is especially lovely. Wonderful sights and thanks for sharing!!!