Sunday, May 5, 2013

Fabric Break 05-05-13

When I was driving I-5 south from Portland I needed a break.  I have been to Quiltz in Ashland, OR, before and remembered it had a very nice selection of fabric.  So, I pulled off the highway and found my way to the store.   http://www.ashlandquiltz.com/


It isn't a huge store, but it is well lit and has the fabric displayed well.  There is a separate room for sale fabric. 
 

Right outside their door the pink dogwood was in full bloom.  Gorgeous.
 

These are the darks I chose.  Third from the top is a Hoffman batik that another lady had on the cutting table - I waited until she had what she wanted!   The bottom fabric and the weird eyes on turquoise are both from the sale room. 
 
 
I did well with lights.  One should always buy at least one light when shopping for a fabric library.  Those cute little birdies are very much for the Modern Quilt Movement - I don't know what I will do with them, I just like them.  You know how it is.  The fabric on top is labeled Cotton Shantung and is made by Robert Kaufman.com
 

But best of all was the huge button jar with a wide assortment of plastic buttons in many shapes and sizes.   I had a lovely time digging through for buttons I can't live without.  The large triangle button is handmade of wood and was in a different place in the store.   I looked and looked for another of the little red flower at the bottom, to no avail.  This one will go on the block I made for the President's quilt.

If you are driving up or down I-5 and need a break to do some fabric feeling Quiltz is a great place to stop.  You will probably find something you need in your fabric library!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dolores said...

Love that store!!