Thursday, May 9, 2013

La Conner (WA) Quilt Museum Part 1 05-09-13

I'll try this in "installments".  Let me know if the photos don't show.  Del
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I couldn't be so close and not visit La Conner (WA) Quilt Museum. It is less than an hour from Coupeville. They had many antique quilts on display on the first and second floors. And on the top floor was an exhibit of quilts by Karin Franzen whose quilts I have long admired.

 
This is a wonderful, happy 1930s quilt with very nice quilting.
 




The balloons are each about the size of a dime and the strings are embroidered with stem stitch.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

shilsenbeck said...

photos are 'all present and correct' and worth the wait. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yes mam, now I can see them.