Sunday, May 5, 2013

A resting day and a peaceful memory 05-04-13

Today was my planned day of rest after returning from 3031 miles in fifteen days - including a four day class,  a day with a friendship group, lunch with friends and several other events.  It was a great trip, and if I can do nothing but rest for a day I seem to be able to pick up my life again without dragging through the days.  I have napped, read, checked e-mail, worked on some stuff for Surfside QGuild, talked on the phone with a few friends, napped, read, etc.  I sometimes have a bit of an antsy feel because I have so much waiting to be done, but I force myself to rest and recuperate and make a list of things to do.  Tomorrow!   


I've also been working on pictures a bit and hope to eventually do a Picasa album and share the URL.  Readers can check it out, or not.  The pictures I have blogged will be included with those I have not blogged.   One of the most peaceful, sort of Zen memories I have is of the beach outside of Coupeville with a view of the Olympic Mountains on the peninsula across the water.  There were a few people walking on the beach, I suppose their cars are those in this view.
 

Driftwood piles up on the high tide line and pieces are drifting by in the water as the tide was coming in.
 

A gal and two guys walked by in silence.  And there are two people on the little spit of sand mid picture.  I could hear some bird calls, but otherwise there was silence. 
 

Across the water is the Olympic Peninsula with the mountains at top right.
 

I like to take a picture of my car - just to prove I was really there.  One of the drawbacks of traveling alone is that one is never in the pictures.  Taking a timed picture is just not the same!   The car is tilting because it is not completely off the pavement, but there wasn't any traffic for me to impede. 

1 comment:

Alessandra said...

estou aproveitando um tempinho para dar uma espiadinha por aqui , bom domingo para vc , bjs