Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Feet 05-24-13

I drove 2354 miles in five days and arrived here at 2pm an hour early for check-in at the SAQA conference.  Timed it just right - but not intentionally.  I thought I would arrive here yesterday so I would have a chance to rest and re "set" my brain.  Oh, well, I'll get my brain working tomorrow!

This late afternoon was the opening of Quilt National '13 with quite a crowd.  The quilts are, as expected, wonderful and there are at least ten that I would like to buy.  But I don't have the money.  I may buy one or two.  However, all the quilts travel for at least two years, so I wouldn't receive the quilts until sometime in 2015.  I'll look again when there are fewer people milling about. 

I only took two pictures today.


Considering how cold it was today - mid 50's - I was surprised to see so many women and men in sandals.  These are nice with the shiny surface reflecting the light.  But no stockings - horrors.
 
 
And I took this picture of a beautiful hand-dyed jacket.  I tried to get around to her front side to read her name tag, but she moved off and I couldn't find her again. 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dolores said...

You are awesome to drive all that way by yourself, to arrive in Ohio, and still have the stamina to blog!!! XX

June said...

If the quilts aren't available until 2015, does that mean you could pay in installments? I mean, where there's a will.......

Of course, I am just adding to the temptations that surround you:-)

Suzanne Kistler said...

The gal in the stockingless sandals must be from much colder climes, say, Alaska?

Enjoy, Del! I love going along on your road trips!!

Corky said...

Mid 50's in Ohio is warmer than mid 50's in California! Enjoying the photos and hearing about your trip.