Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Road Trip - First day (05-19-13) Posted 05-22-13

It appears that the problem I have been having with Blogger has gone away - or maybe hiding out to hit me again.  Here are a few images from the first day.


Anyone who has traveled with me knows that one BIG reason I want to drive everywhere is that I want to take everything with me.  Here is proof that I can pack light.  Some of this stuff is permanently in my car, no matter where I am, like the box of bottled water on the left, and my little folding stool in the blue tote bag on the right.
 

You will notice that the back seat is in seating configuration instead of flat for cargo.  And look at that huge empty space beside my "bed bag".  I don't want anything to shift as I am driving so I pulled the black Empty Spools bag down to stabilize the load.  I still hang my shirts and pants on a clothes pole so that they won't be wrinkled when I want to wear them.
 

Here is one of my favorite signs.  It is located on the ramp from I-15 to the beginning of I-40, just east of Barstow.  Every time I see it I am tempted to just keep driving until I reach the Atlantic Ocean - all the way on I-40.  After this trip I don't think I will be quite so tempted. 

This is day four of my drive to Athens, Ohio, (a gorgeous, sunny day in the mid-70's) and I am spending the night in Springfield, MO.  I still have about 700 miles to go before I am at my destination, but I did 652 miles today and I believe I can do the remaining miles in one and a half days.  I hope to find some time to post some pictures tomorrow evening or Friday.   
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Hi Del! So glad to hear from you tonight!!
Sleep well and continued safe travels my friend!
Patty

Gerrie said...

Ha! We used to live in Wilmington and have seen the sign on the other end and have driven the whole Rt 40 with a little side detour to Santa Fe.

So happy you checked in and are making progress.

Quiltedtime said...

Happy traveling! Be sure and take time to have an ice cream cone for me.

Unknown said...

Oh Del! I am so happy!!!! I will meet you in Athens!!!! WHOO HOO! Safe Journey!

Dolores said...

YEAH, you're back!!! Enjoy the journey :) XX

Loretta said...

You do put in long driving days. Wow!! Again, I'm enjoying the trip. Stay well and stay safe. xo