Sunday, September 29, 2013

New 12X12 quilt in TCQC 09-29-13

This is another purchase from the Visions Art Museum Veranda Sale in late August.  One of the things that I have discovered about my collecting decisions is that I like to add new techniques.  Although there is discharging in some of the quilts, this one is just discharge and a little quilting. 


"Weeds" Kathy Piper - San Diego 2011  12"x 12"
Cotton fabric, cotton batting, discharge dyeing, machine quilting.
I like the non-matched binding.  Same fabric but it makes a counterpoint since Kathy has made no attempt to make the color lines up. 
 

She has used a very thin thread.  Perhaps something thicker, even perle cotton would make the red more of a statement. 

With the light, solid background the quilting can be clearly seen.  With a bright color thread this could be a quilt on its own. 

Nice simple hand printed label - but no contact information.  How can I find her if I am interested in seeing more of her quilts? 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dolores said...

Like it!!

Loretta said...

A very nice little quilt.