Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wordy Wednesday 09-11-13

I suspect it will be a big disappointment to some of you that I don't eat "high off the hog" most of the time.  At home I eat very simply and sometimes just fix a bowl of broccoli (my favorite) or Brussels sprouts or leftovers.  Last night I wasn't very hungry and didn't have much in the frig, but I had a great dinner - two slices of cooked chicken breast, half an avocado, half a delicious Bartlett pear and a glass of milk.  Sort of a "white" dinner. 



I spent most of today working on the labels for the special exhibit of quilt from TCQC that will show at the Flying Geese Quilt Guild QShow this coming weekend.  It is at Soka University in Aliso Viejo.   Quilts - old and new, vendors, raffle quilt....  all the treats of a good QShow.  Come and see us.

Unfortunately, Corky is needing to wear a diaper these days, but we can't find a "doggy diaper" that is effective.  Anyone have experience with poodles in diapers? 

And here is something else I need help with.  Does anyone know what this item is for?  We sold it at the Veranda Sale, but nobody has been able to determine what the purpose is.  The phone number on the bottom is no longer operating. 

I thought maybe it was a base for a lace pillow, but there is no provision for fastening the pillow. 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could it be used for lace making? Someone has marketed a similar slant hoop for lap hand quilting.

shilsenbeck said...

Del -- I've been following things on the SAQA Auction. Looks like you cleaned up -- got some great little gems.

abelian said...

Did the buyer know what it was? I wonder what goes on the 6 pegs?

Dottie

Unknown said...

Love brussels sprouts. I have a similar thing to do applique with. It makes it very easy, only mine is square. By having the flat surface below, it is easy to bounce the needle back up and take tiny stitches Abelian, the posts are for thread. The rim keeps your scissors and thimble in place. Mine was called a quilters lap mate, you can see it here: http://michigoose-life-quilts.blogspot.com/2010/12/gifts-for-quilters-and-gardeners.html