Thursday, September 17, 2015

In San Diego for the weekend 09-17-15

I'm missing the KoKo dog even though I am not home, but in a motel in SDiego.  I returned the little guy to his mommy on the way down I-5.  He seemed happy to be home.  I had thrown Ducky in a nylon bag and stuck him in the washer with my clothes and the same thing happened that happened last weekend.  The washer just filled with water and nothing happened.  I had to open the door so more water on the garage floor, but it managed to miss my shoes this time.  I fished out the bag with Ducky, rinsed him off and squeezed out all the water I could, but I had to put him in a baggie and return him to Nancy to deal with.  Poor KoKo, deprived of his Ducky, he is very unhappy.  

I was late for my meeting at Visions Art Museum, but didn't miss much.  Afterward Beth  and I had dinner at our  favorite place,  Ikiru.  Such good food and a pleasant atmosphere.   Afterward I checked into the motel and have been trying to go to bed ever since, but there are things that need to be done and computer work.

This is a very atypical painting by Emily Carr done early in her career in 1911 when she was in Brittany, France.  It is one of my favorite paintings -  I think it is the colors that attract me and the slight resemblance to my mother's house in Oregon. 

#   #   #


No comments: