Sunday, September 13, 2015

Ann Johnston quilt from TCQC 09-13-15

Sometimes I see a quilt that just won't leave me alone.  This is one of them.  I had looked at this quilt on Ann Johnston's website for a number of years, until I finally had to buy it in 2013.  There are several things that thrill me.  The color, of course, Ann is a master dyer.  The black and white applique, and the tension created by the balancing "chairs" create a quilt that I can look at again and again. . 
 
"Balance #19"  Ann Johnston 2002  40" x 36" 
Hand dyed cotton fabric by the artist, machine appliqued and quilted.
 
I appreciate the various layers of quilting using different colors of thread. 
#   #   #

1 comment:

Cathy Perlmutter said...

That is a truly wonderful quilt. I can see why it hypnotized you! Thanks for sharing!