Friday, September 18, 2015

Still in San Diego 09-18-15

Today was the day I spent working on the Surfside QGuild newsletter.  All of the auction quilts will be pictured, so I had to resize and edit the images, which  came from several different people. It is very stressful on the eyes, so breaks were necessary.  I'm reading Ivan Doig's final book (he died last spring) "Last Bus to Wisdom".  It is a book to savor and I am trying to not read it too fast - to make it last.   He has been one of my favorite authors over the years and sometimes I read the books again just in enjoy his way with language.  His early book "This House of Sky" was an autobiography and was a runner up for the National Book Award in 1979 the year that Peter Matheisson won for "The Snow Leopard".  It is a wonderful autobiography of growing up in the West.  I read the actual paper tome so it is a rest for my eyes whereas a mechanical device would not be.

This evening I went to dinner with friends.  The restaurant was  Farmer's Bottega: Farm to Table on Washington Street.  http://www.farmersbottega.com/  I had the quail which was divine, but I had to bring some back to the motel refrigerator - two tiny quail are too much.  Naturally, I saved room for dessert - pear/cranberry tart with just a touch of Amaretto in the mix and served with a mound of whipped cream and the biggest blackberry I've ever seen.  Maybe it was a loganberry!  Anyway it was good food, good company. 


California Quail
#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Dear Del, Your live a rich and full life! Thank you for sharing it with us.