Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Driving Day 02-24-16

It turned into a long drive today - a total of nine hours!   The traffic on the 210 Fwy was mostly stop with a little go here and there.  It is supposed to be a 2 hour drive from Placentia to Thousand Oaks, but it took 3 hours this morning.   I met Karen Rips at a nice burger place called Hook Burgers, which I believe is a chain (that I have not heard of before).  My hot chicken sandwich on grilled sourdough was delicious and I think Karen's sandwich was very good also.  The drive from Thousand Oaks to Mary's front door was about 6 hours with heavy traffic all along 101 until Paso Robles where a bunch of cars were lined up in the right turn lane to go off the highway onto 46.  From there on it was pretty much clear sailing.  I stopped in Buellton at the Creation Station because I needed to get out of the car and walk around a bit.  Of course, I had to buy two half yards of fabric; a nice red and a lovely yellow.  And I stopped in Salinas for gas because Mary lives a long way from a gas station and I need to have a pretty full tank before I arrive here. 

Mary's husband Joe had surgery yesterday and is doing very well.  He will be in the hospital in Salinas for a while and then across the street in a SNIF.   Daughter Liz is here from Washington State so she will spend some time with Joe tomorrow and Mary will go into Pacific Grove with me for lunch and a fabric fix at Back Porch.  So, we will be there and at the  Red House for lunch. 

No pictures today, I needed to pay attention with all the traffic and after Paso Robles the sun was too far down in the west to get any good shots.  I'll do better going home. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Carol said...

So glad you got there. Sometimes driving is a slog!