Monday, March 7, 2016

In San Diego tonight 03-06-16

I am in San Diego tonight, just for one night, tomorrow afternoon I will drive home.  Then I will drive back down on Wednesday morning to start a five day class with Elizabeth Busch. But I need to be at the Surfside QGuild meeting on Tuesday morning and I have a long awaited appointment with my dentist in the afternoon. 

Driving down today I made the best time ever - 1 hour and 30 minutes.  Amazing.  The traffic was very light and there were almost no trucks.  I wonder if people stayed home because we had rain last night and early this morning and the weather guys  say it will rain tonight and tomorrow. As you see in the pictures it was a beautiful day. 

Nice fluffy white clouds to give me a "cloud fix".


This is the view straight west at about 2:20pm. There is a slope down to the ocean.  The buildings are where the marines train for fighting in villages and towns.  This is within Camp Pendleton.

A little further on I can see the waves on the beach - to the right those same buildings.
 
I've had several people visiting CA tell me that the highways are the worst they have encountered.    I've seen some pretty rough roads in my travels, but I'm beginning to agree with our out-of-state guests.  This is a main intersection in San Diego - near the airport.  I took the picture while I was stopped at a signal.
#   #   #
  

1 comment:

Loretta said...

My goodness, you were lucky with the traffic! My trip to San Diego prior to Christmas took me hours and hours and hours! Once there however, my time was lovely! I did visit Visions and was knocked off my feet with the wonderful quilts in the show. Spent time with a friend in Del Mar, a lovely busy little spot. However, my travel south will always be delayed because of the horrible traffic. I'm not sure how the residents handle it every day!! Do take care and stay well.