Thursday, March 10, 2016

Second day of class 03-10-16

This Elizabeth Busch class is about "recreating" a quilt or quilt top that just doesn't "work" for the maker.  I showed you my selection the other day.  As instructed I made five copies of  a picture of the quilt.  Here you see I am cutting up a couple of the pictures to rearrange the parts.  The pictures are all smaller than the quilts they represent, but it is a good  way to try out changes.  
 
Here I have used three pieces of white paper to block out what a section of the fence would look like as triangles. 
 
Across from the Visions Art Museum is Con Pane Bakery which surely has the best sandwiches in San Diego.  I went there for lunch today and sat outside on this truly gorgeous mid-winter day.
The building on the left is Barracks 19 and our class is upstairs in that building.  Fortunately for me, there is an elevator.
 
One thing I always notice these days when I am out and about, are the funny hair knots that people wear - both men and women as you can see in this image.  The guy with the white shirt has a "top knot" as does the blonde lady in black.  It is such an old fashioned hairdo that only old ladies used to wear.  On the right is a military guy - lots of military in San Diego and this place is close to the submarine base in the Bay. 
 
 
At the Dog Beach with the fog coming in to cover the sunset. 

1 comment:

Linda Laird said...

Dear Del,
Hope you're feeling better after the "wog". This strange hair-do is called a "Man Bun", and it does look like what the old lady in the Sylvester and Tweety Bird cartoons used to wear. Go figure...