Monday, June 13, 2016

The first quilt in the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection 06-13-16

When I bought this quilt at a guild quilt show auction I wasn't intending to start a collection.  But it was the first quilt I ever purchased, so I consider it the beginning.  I still hang it on the wall frequently because I still love it as much as I did when I purchased it in 1985. The color in the top picture is pretty true to the reality.
 
"Straight Furrow Log Cabin"  Judy Mathieson  1985  20"W x 14"L
Raw silk.  Machine pieced and hand quilted. 

 

Read what I had to say when I posted it the first time in 2009. 

 
And check out what Judy is doing now:  http://www.judymathieson.com/
#   #   #
 
 

1 comment:

Cindy Cooksey said...

It's a classic! How interesting to see where your collection began.