Friday, March 10, 2017

Contining driving home 03-10-17

Last night Blogger wouldn't let me post pictures.  So, I will try again.  Hope to post class pictures tomorrow night. 
This is on the inland side of Hwy 152 which goes along the side of San Luis Reservoir located between Hwy 101 and I-5.  This is the first time for a number of years that I have seen water in this extension of the reservoir.

Going around the top end of the reservoir, the lowest spot in the distance is the dam.

Same as above a little further along.

Looking west across the reservoir.  And, yes, the color is pretty accurate.

On the inland side of the highway are the rolling hills, now a bright Irish green.

Further south on I-5 just south of the Stockdale Highway, on both side of the road, are flooded fields.  Some years in the distant past I would see flotillas of ducks and once a dozen or so white pelicans floating here.  Only a few ducks this time.  
 

Looking to the west the water stretches out in the fields.

Trees that have taken hold in the last five years stand in the water.
 
As a contrast, here is San Luis Reservoir in a drier year.
#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Wow! Pictures certainly speak a thousand words...the rains this year have been extraordinary....I wonder how long this water will last here in guzzling California! Thank you for the pictures. Our water district reservoirs are spilling over up here too. They are a beautiful sight!

Kathleen said...

The lush green against the blue water is so inviting. Makes me hopeful for spring to get sprung here.