Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Empty Spools - Day Five 03-07-17

I think I may be getting too old for this sort of event.  I was too tired to post last night and tonight I am even more exhausted.  Tomorrow is only half a day, but we need to pack up during that time - both our sleeping rooms and classrooms.  I went to the classroom after the evening program tonight and packed up almost everything, but only did two hauling trips to the car.  Whew.  Maybe some of the younger ladies will help me tomorrow. 
 
There is some wonderful work in the class, but all I will show you tonight is part of my work.  I seemed to have failed to take pictures of the other two exercises.  Guess I will show them later. 
This is the image I chose to work with.

The first 8X10 pieced is a realistic abstraction.

Then we were to do four others with different abstractions.  I chose several places in the picture to focus on.  These are both from the same area of the original image.  Can you locate the area?
 
I am going to bed now - and it isn't even midnight.  Hopefully I will have more pictures for you tomorrow evening - with the permission of the artists. 
#   #   #

4 comments:

shilsenbeck said...

You said "Can you locate the area?" Window in the background?

Karen Rips said...

I love that realistic abstraction.
Sorry you're so exhausted. When you rest up we should get together

abelian said...

My guess is the coffee table, the red box and the flowers!

Dottie

Loretta said...

Boy, oh boy! I think you have had a wonderfully exciting abstraction project and time! The realistic version is fantastic...love the black and white pieces, the last two I wonder if your interpretation may be the overall design of the picture. However you interpreted the picture, I think the results are quite fun! Pleased you're having a tiring time...thinking and creating
can be very hard work! Enjoy your time in Pacific Grove...it must be beautiful there today!