Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Green with envy 05-29-18

While I was staying with my friends Mable and Mac in Washington state, I went with her to visit her group the Dreadful Threads while some of them were at a quilting retreat.  It is a fabulous location and I took some pictures to share.  The retreat owners travel quite frequently so they have a limited number of weeks available for retreat times.  This is the DT first experience there and, believe it, they have already signed up for one of the few weeks available for next year.  The owners collect sewing related items and she has a masterful eye for displaying the collections.  

In the kitchen there are antique sewing machines and irons, and hat boxes. 


A specific quilt to identify the ladies room. 

Wondering what to put in the skinny space between hallway doors?

Or you could display those cherished wooden thread spools. 

Several tender sayings are displayed - here a cushion.

This is the sitting room with a collection of quilting books and many thimbles on the wall.
Beyond the pony wall is the large sewing room.  

A friend I haven't seen for years - it is Margaret Miller, a member of the group. 

One of many buildings, this has sleeping accommodations. 

Rain boots and succulents.  

The main house where the owners live that has extra bedrooms upstairs. 

A charming vignette on the toilet tank. 

Another saying - this time framed. 

I did not get permission to show any of the quilts being worked on, but this is what my friend Reynola was putting together using collected vintage Japanese fabrics.   It is partially pieced together.  I will ask her permission after the fact!

It was a treat to see such an organized and original setting for a retreat.  I do envy them. 
#   #   #



No comments: