Friday, June 1, 2018

A special event for Beth Smith at Visions 06-01-18

Yesterday I drove down to San Diego to attend a special event in honor of Beth Smith who is retiring as director of Visions Art Museum.  There were about forty people, some who just stopped to say hello and went off again, and I saw many people that I don't see very often.  It was a very nice event and I took pictures, but tonight I will mostly post FOOD, which was impressive.  I will have to get some help with the names of some of the people - those I should remember, but as time goes by I think sometimes I am lucky to remember my own name, much less everyone else's.
The lady of the day - Beth Smith, Director of Visions Art Museum, retired. 

Charlotte Bird, artist and VAM supporter since the beginning. 

I can ID all of these ladies:  Andrea, Patti, Beth Smith, Charlotte, Debbie, Kathy. 

Delicious catered food and three desserts made by Lisa. 
(I ate the last piece of chocolate cake for dessert tonight - incredibly good)

The veggie rolls with pansies (which don't have a flavor!).

They were so beautiful it almost seemed a shame to eat them. 

But, of course, I did.  Along with some mozzarella, prosciutto, mushrooms, etc. 


Later in the evening there was the incredible Ultimate Crab Roll at Ikiru.  We try other things occasionally, but seem to always go back to this crab roll. 

When I have names for everyone in the pictures I will post them.  
#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

A very special evening for a very special lady. My very best wishes for Beth. Thank you for sharing the event.