Monday, July 30, 2018

Monday Browsing 07-30-18

Where did July go?  Summers used to be so much longer, maybe because I was younger.  My little grandmother Ella as she aged said that it seemed that she went to bed on New Year's Day and the next morning was Christmas again.  I know I have told you this before, but I am amazed at how much I feel the same way.  

Not much browsing lately.  It is just too hot for sitting and browsing, I guess.  Here is some trivia I have collected.


Using the word photocopying is incorrect because photography didn't come around until later.   I've always wondered if he used something like carbon paper. 

This would be a real treasure since royalty does not sign autographs. 

Mr. Matalik was a candidate of the United Nations Party.
#   #   #

2 comments:

Gerrie said...

I am vaguely remembering our visit to Monticello a few years ago and seeing the contraption he used to make a copy of his letters. It was actually called a polygraph. Here is a link, in case you are interested: https://www.monticello.org/site/house-and-gardens/polygraph

Loretta said...

Thank you for today's trivia. I think I'll pick up The Audacity of Hope from the library....seems appropriate for today. My best to you.