Saturday, August 4, 2018

Still sorting 08-04-18

On July 25th I picked up two carloads of sewing "stuff" from my friend Toni who is moving with her husband into retirement housing.  I don't have excess room in my garage which is full of my own "stuff", mostly junk that I just need to haul away, so there is still some of Toni's things in my car.  I have been trying to sort and fill boxes for a number of different organizations and people who will be able to use things.  But the heat gets to me quickly and I have to cool off and rest a bit.   I can't sort in the garage since it is about 120F in there, so I move some boxes into the family room and sort through them, putting different things in different boxes.  Toni has definitely lost her organizational skills in the last few years as everything is just mixed together in a pattern I don't recognize.  I wish I had been more diligent at the sorting this last few weeks as I have only two days left and I haven't gotten through half of it.  I am driving to San Diego on Tuesday to take some full boxes to the Visions Veranda Sale, which is one of their best fundraisers each year.  Guess I will just have to take what I have ready.  There are lots of different fund raisers by quilt guilds and groups so I know I can find a home for everything.  Some things will go into raffle baskets for SQG, I know that the baskets of thread I have donated in the past have sold well and there will be another one this year at November Fest.  And I think I will put together some of the gently used items for another basket, maybe for a somewhat beginning quilter.  Anyway, I have to hustle the next few days.  In fact, I have to hustle tonight to move things out of the way so I can walk through the family room to get to bed!  

But it all makes me think that I, and almost everyone I know, need to go through our own "stuff" before leaving it for someone else to sort through.  How 'bout it, eh?  

And KoKo hasn't made this easier.  He demands his normal walks and play time and he wants to look in every box in case there is something he can't live without.  What a pest he can be. 

By the way, this is my 3333 blog post.  Wow! 

#   #   #


2 comments:

Loretta said...

Wow! 3333...that must bring with it good feeling by many, particularly, me, who has been a regular blog reader I wonder for how long now?

Good suggestion to get going on organizing stuff....I've been trying, but it seems the more I move thing around and into it's appropriate new box or file the messier everything gets. Perhaps instead of reorganizing, I just need to toss things away! I seem to have been a saver of many things and have had a variety of interests for many years each bringing some sort of important 'stuff' with it! This is not a grumble, but in order to toss things into the refuge bins, I need to sort that too! I'm wondering too if 100% cotton goes into the recycle bin or to the dump's bin! I know fabric can be recycled, but I wonder about the dyes, etc. See, I'm procrastinating again! Good luck to all of us!

Martha Ginn said...

We all are faced with trying to leave our excess fabrics to a worthy cause. It is really a chore (particularly if you are working in the heat!), but can be enjoyable to recall when/where/with whom you bought these pieces, can't it?
Congratulations on 3333 blog posts!