Friday, August 24, 2018

Friday Food 08-25-18

Food at home can be as good as, or even better than, restaurant food.  Here are a few examples.

Mary Leakey is an excellent cook, probably the best I know!  Even lunch is an "event".  This is chicken, apple, avocado, celery salad with her homemade dressing.  Mmm!   01-15-11

Mary's husband Joe has a birthday one day after mine, so I have spent a number of birthdays celebrating with them.  This is one of our prime choices:  lamb chops, fresh carrots, baked potato, tomato/radish salad with Mary's special dressing.  

Our choice of birthday "cake" is a Marionberry Pie from the market in Pacific Grove.  


One year when I drove up the end of August I stopped at the farmer's market in Montecito and found wonderful fresh figs.  I bought a box of this special treat for Mary and was disappointed to find that she doesn't care for them.  Poor me, I had to eat them all!

Not only is she a good cook and a good friend, she is an outstanding quiltmaker. 
This is "Oliver, the Parrot" taking top honors at the Monterey Peninsula Quilt Guild show in 2010.
(We'll call this post Food, Friend, Fiber!)
#   #   #



1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Oh yummy! Especially that pie.