Saturday, April 13, 2019

Again - it is really spring in SCalifornia 04-13-19

It is so nice to walk when the flowers are fresh and the lawns are green and the trees are budding.  This house is on the next street, Brian, and is the same model as ours.  But they have kept the yard in prime condition and always plant flowers in the bed between the driveway and the front walk.  I have been thinking that I need to find a garden designer and redo the front yard and also a contractor to replace the deck on the side of the house.  I'm such a procrastinator. 

Foxgloves grew wild where I grew up outside of Portland, Oregon.  I rarely see them here and have never tried to grow them.  Nasturtiums are frequently planted in this neighborhood and they do well in the spring before it gets too hot.  


The poppies are so bright and "floaty", but they don't last long and the wind blows them apart. 

Lots of white "landscape" roses.  They remind me of snowball bushes which are not seen much around here.  This is a roll up garage door, it just looks "old fashioned".  

81F today, but nice at 7am and 7pm for our walks.  

#   #   #


No comments: