Friday, April 12, 2019

Friday Food 04-12-19

One of my favorite lunch spots has been Haven Gastro Pub in Orange, CA.  And I always eat the same thing, their fabulous lamb burger with skinny fries and great house made tomato ketchup.  So, after fasting for my annual physical and blood tests I hurried over to Haven.  NO!  They no longer have the lamb burger on their menu.  I was crushed.  But, I was there, seated at my usual table, and I was hungry. I looked at the menu and decided the salmon sandwich sounded good.  And it was.  It just wasn't as fabulous as the lamb burger.  



It was open faced on toasted rye bread.  Lovely salmon, tiny rounds of radish, some avocado, some micro greens, and some little yellow rounds of something that was sweet.   I thought it was rather pricey at $19, but I enjoyed it.  However, I won't be going back again.  They won't miss me, it is a "sports bar" sort of place with a giant stock of brews and it is very popular in the late afternoon and evening.  Too bad, I will really miss the lamb burger.  

#   #   #

No comments: