Sunday, April 7, 2019

Drive to San Diego/LaMesa 04-07-19

I drove to San Diego today for a meeting of the Art Stream art quilt group.  It was a gorgeous day with blue sky, lots of wild mustard and other flowers blooming along the way.  But I still haven't gotten help with the laptop, so I can't edit the pictures.  These are pretty bad, but would look great if I still had Picasa to make some changes.  Oh, well....

The wild mustard is the most common, blooming in valleys and hillsides, along the road, and far up to the top of the hills.  There is some lupine and in more settled areas bright pink ice plants spreads out of yards and on to the freeway verge.  

I am using my cell phone to take the pictures and have a hard time holding it with one hand and using one finger to push the button.  Hard to line anything up. 

This is not on the freeway but along Jamboree Rd where there were serious fires last year.  The clouds cover the mountains where there is still snow o the tallest peaks.  

The group meeting was productive and we are starting on our next exhibit for October 2020.  We found with the Urban Elements quilts that we need a longer lead time to finish the quilts and have them ready for showing.  The Urban Elements exhibit will go up at Visions Art Museum this next week and will open toward the end of April.  The opening reception will be May 4th, but I will still be up north after finishing my class at Empty Spools at Asilomar Conference Center, so I will miss it.

#   #   #  


1 comment:

Loretta said...

I wonder if you know that Picasa is no longer being supported by Google/Microsoft or whoever did originally support it? I'm running into the same problem with my Outlook 2007! Microsoft doesn't want to know that I can not longer work with it and they offer only to sell new software...hummmmph! So, my grandson some day will move my contacts into the new software with my hope that none is lost. I use my Photoshop Elements to edit my photos...but that software is pricey! I've had it a very long time and hopefully it will not become obsolete one day. Revisions are still sent for it. Windows 10's photo gallery seems to edit, but I don't know how well or easy. Also, I've had to start using Cloud/iCloud as I've just purchased an iPad, and that software (APP!) seems to edit too! But, again, I don't know how easily and thoroughly it does it. I hope some of this info is of use to you....I'm quite frustrated these days with the extensive editing and/or writing of software that being done to our original software programs -- but that's progress I'm told!! Good luck Del.