Thursday, August 1, 2019

Quilt & Textile Museum in La Conner, WA 07-31-19

Last day in this area and Mabel and I drove to La Conner to see the exhibits at the Pacific Northwest Quilt and Fiber Arts Museum.  They have rearranged their rooms and the gift shop is on the main floor with exhibits on the second and third floors.  The stairs are difficult for me, but I hung on to the bannisters and made it up and down.  The main exhibit currently is SAQA's  "Shifting Tides: Convergence in Cloth" (June 28th - September 29)/  Quite a nice selection juried by Ann Johnston.  Here are a few pictures to tempt you to see the exhibit when it is at Visions Art Museum in San Diego in Jan - Apr 2021.


Del Thomas and Mabel Huseby in front of Mabel's favorite quilt. 


I am an admirer of Kathleen and her quilts.  I recognized this immediately as Kathleen and her husband - even from the back.  Lovely quilt. 


 
Leaping flames and burning trees.  WOW!



Unusual and intriguing.  I kept going back to look at this one several times. I do wonder about the zippers which are not mentioned in the materials or the explanation.  

#   #   #  


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

How nice to get a teaser of a show I'm going to see in nine or ten days! (Going to LaConner). And then when I get home, a small group I'm in is making a "field trip" to Visions. Good times!