Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Visited Pacific Grove, CA

Mary and I drove to Pacific Grove this morning to shop at Back Porch Fabric Shop, the best shop anywhere, and have lunch at The Red House.  The offereings at Back Porch were, as always, soooo tempting, it is hard to control myself.  
Such color!  Such pattern! Such texture!  I want it all.  But I settled for just seven cuts - it was very hard - and a book with animal designs for children's quilts, called Zootropolis.  The creatures are delightful. 

Lunch at The Red House included carrot-ginger soup (fabulous) and, for me, the grilled cheese sandwich, which I always love.  We skipped dessert because we have See's candy at home!  

It was a beautiful sunny day and we drove around Asilomar, just so Mary could see the changes that have been made since she was there last quite a few years ago.  We drove back to Monterey via the road along the Bay and the surf was UP.  Higher than I have ever seen it; it covered Asilomar Beach and splashed high on all the rocks along the shore. 

Waves rolling in. 

A thin slice of Asilomar Beach at far left. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Carol said...

Sounds like a perfect day!