Saturday, February 1, 2020

Home from San Juan Bautista 02-01-20

Since I need to stop every two hours and the traffic on the 210 Fwy east from Pasadena was horrendous, it was about a six and half hour drive.  Some years ago it was less than five.  Where did all these people come from and why are they clogging the highways on a Saturday afternoon?  It is a puzzlement, eh? 

But most of the drive was very pleasant with little truck traffic and not a lot of those drivers who have to always be in FRONT of everyone else.  The rolling hills were lush green, the sky was mostly blue, and it was in the 70s wherever I stopped.  No blooming trees, no wild flowers yet. 

But in two weeks and four days when I do this drive again Spring may have arrived.  I will be taking quilts up to Back Porch Fabrics in Pacific Grove to fill the classroom walls during this year's weeks of Empty Spools at Asilomar.  I will talk more about this toward the end of February and post some pictures.  I hope you can plan a visit to Back Porch during March and April.  I will be up there in March for a class with Sue Benner in Session III.

Going over Pacheco Pass on CA152 near Casa de Fruita.

Perfect back view of a tree!

#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

I'm looking forward to your exhibit at Back Porch.

Rebecca said...

So green! I read once that "Golden State" refers not to the gold rush, but the color of the hills. I still enjoy green, being from western Washington. That's a benefit of "winter" here!