Saturday, February 22, 2020

Home again 02-22-20

It was a rather easy drive from San Juan Bautista to home.  Light traffic and only a few of those 100 MPH drivers.  I had two stops of about 1/2 hour each, so the driving time was about 5 hours.  Rain periodically, but not very severe.  I picked up KoKo and he now wants to be on my lap every minute.  He is such a lover.  I will skip the San Diego meeting tomorrow, I hate to miss it, but I am very tired tonight and I will have to drive down on Wednesday for a scheduled docent tour of the Ruth B. McDowell quilts at VAM. 

I took lots of pictures along the way, but they were definitely "point and shoot", so will need to be edited.  One of my two stops was at In & Out Burger at Laval Rd , just north of the Grapevine.  The burger and shake gave me a boost to get over the mountains and home!! 

It was just at lunch time so they were very busy. 

"What does fresh really mean?"  Well, they peel the potatoes and slice them for fries.  And the ground beef is never frozen.  I never worry about getting sulfites in my meal. 

I had never noticed that the crew wears giant diaper pins to hold their aprons on.  Must be four inches long! 
#   #   #

1 comment:

Carol said...

Glad you are home. Ah, In and Out!