Monday, February 17, 2020

/Yellow scrap quilt progress 02-17-20

At the end of 2019 I was haunted by all the yellow scraps I had in the scrap trash bag and then I watched a tutorial about using scraps.  I saved the video, but now I can't find it.  If someone recognizes something like this please let me know who did the video.  Of course, my work doesn't look anything like hers, which was wonderful.  


So, I dumped out the scraps and pulled out what I thought I might use.  Strange, I still have a big pile - do they really propagate themselves in the dark?  And when I had the time and was in the mood I put together five panels.  Here are four of them, the fifth doesn't work with these.  I don't know what will happen next, but I have them pinned up so I can see them every day.  Right now I have some deadlines to meet, so I won't be scrapping any more for a while.  


#   #   #

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It makes me think of a sunny forest. The diagonal lines provide movement, and though not literal, contribute to the forest feeling. They take the eye onward--one wants to see what's next!