Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday Food 06-18-20

Eight years ago this week I was in Kalispell, Montana, taking the last class that Ruth B. McDowell was ever to teach.  It was a great trip and a fantastic class.  I had stopped in Las Vegas to pick up a friend who flew in from Kansas and we stopped three nights along the way to Kalispell.  While we were there we had some great meals, saw wonderful spring flowers, toured Glacier National Park, and, of course, enjoyed our class with Ruth.   Since then Google took over Picasa and erased all my captions, so I'm not sure what the pictures show.  But trusting my memory... 


This was salmon patties with asparagus and other veggies, at a great restaurant that required reservations.  I think it was the best meal of the trip. 

This was one of the lesser meals, the first night in town we ate in our room from our food box - fruit salad, crackers, cheese, and hot tea.   We were tired and it wasn't bad. 

Glorius geraniums. 

Delicate columbine. 

 A glorious blue iris growing in an alley with the trash cans!

Lovely memories make me yearn for the road. 

#   #   # 

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Thank you for the Kalispell memories. They mind me of my wonderful week taking Rosalie Dace's workshop and special very scenery.