Sunday, June 14, 2020

In the neighbrohood 06-14-20

I don't know if this is a "thing" elsewhere, but there are two houses in my neighborhood where the families show movies on the outside of their garage doors.  I posted once before about the showings in the cul de sac across the street from our house.  The other night when we were walking after the sun went down and the temperature dropped below 80F we saw another house on Brian Street with a moving going,  along with a campfire! 

There are three adults sitting in chairs where the driveway meets the street and several children stretched out close to the garage door.  The fire is in a brazier between the adults.  

I can't find the picture I posted previously of the movies in the cul de sac.  What did I label them?  Movies?  Neighbors?  Garage door?  Outdoor movies?  Nope, none of those.  

#   #   #

3 comments:

Loretta said...

Funny coincidence, my neighbors across the street gathered youngsters w/parents just this weekend and put up a some sort of screen leaning against their garage, folks brought their own camping chairs and settled in for a early evening's movie! Perhaps these groups of 10 is what the CDC is suggesting we start re-assembling in! Fun idea...it certainly helps the youngsters get together with their friends again. Stay well.

Carol said...

What a great activity! I bet the kids looked forward to this for days. And the adults had a chance to safely socialize.

Rebecca said...

I read another blogger who did this. I hadn't seen it before, either. Umm...she's in LA somewhere. One of the few places it's warm enough and you don't get eaten alive!