Thursday, June 18, 2020

Looking back 06-18-20

In June 2009 I took a class in deconstructed screen printing with Rayna Gilman.  What an eye opener that was.  Some of my experiments were dreadful, but I had a couple that turned out very well and I was surprised!  I have only done the technique once since then; I had a specific look in mind and was successful with that.  

This is one of four that I did in class off of the same screen.  There is a lot of paint on the screen so one can just keep moving the screen to a fresh piece of fabric  and squeegy-ing until there isn't enough paint left to print.   This was about the middle run.  To make the impression I used net, plastic scraps, sequin waste, and shredded bark from a crepe myrtle tree.  I like it so much that I fear that if I do something with it I will ruin it!  Someday....

Rayna and I in the classroom.  One thing this brings home is how much I have aged in eleven years.  I was only 70 then, now I am 81.  Still wearing the same hat, scarf, and earrings.

#   #   #  

No comments: