Saturday, July 4, 2020

Fourth of July 2020 07-04-20

Several years ago when the house was painted the painter didn't put the flag holder back up and I kept forgetting to call him to come back to do that.  I haven't flown the flag since.  But this year it seemed I needed to fly the flag.  There were many more flags and buntings in the neighborhood than usual.  So I rigged up the pole horizontally on my front porch and it looked great. 


In this picture the sun wasn't quite over the top of the roof yet.   KoKo is probably sitting in the bottom center window, it is his spying spot to keep track of everything. 



In the past a Realtor would come by and stick a flag in everyone's lawn, but not this year.  I got out the ten flags I saved from past years, but couldn't stick them in the hard soil.  Instead I poked them in the pittisporum hedge and they flapped festively in the breeze. 




No barbeques or block parties for us.  We went to In-N-Out burger in Orange.  Doesn't it look lonely with no cars parked in the lot?  The drive thru line went out onto Tustin Blvd.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Thank you so much for contributing to my celebration of the 4th. Take care and stay well.