Thursday, July 2, 2020

Things are pretty dull these days! 07-02-20

I keep hearing the phrase, "We are all in the same boat."  But some of us are in their own boat by themselves!   With only KoKo, the world's cutest Yorkie, for company I seem to spin my wheels more than I usually do.  I just don't seem to have any drive, any interest in creating, or any incentive to finish what I start.   I know I am not the only one who feels this way and I have no suggestions on what to do about it.  So, I plug away - reading, walking, eating, browsing Facebook, and doing a bit of sewing.   Once a week I go for lunch to the home of a couple who are isolating.   She makes a soup and I take a salad.  So, I must go to the farmer's market in my mask to find makings for the salad.   Besides the delicious food and interesting conversation I also enjoy seeing the actual faces of my friends.  Have you noticed that people don't seem to be "real" when you can't see their faces.  Maybe those face shields are a good idea, so you can see if someone is smiling or frowning or crying or.... whatever.  

I will keep blogging.  Writing whatever comes to my head.  And sending good thoughts your way that you are being more successful than I at this isolation situation.  

And I will keep posting pictures of quilts as I can.  
Love, Del & KoKo

5 comments:

abelian said...

Sending a hug, Del!

I’m in the same boat, at home with only my cat, not going out at all, except for a few medical appointments. Thank goodness for our pets and the internet! And for fabric and yarn. Dottie

Mary Ann said...

Craft in America, Art 21, I have the Double Trouble DVDs, lots of books. And I am waiting for 2 pieces of cloth from Spoonflower! Lots of blog reading on computer plus arttextstyle, textile artist.org and the Penland Sketchbook sites. I keep trying to find inspiration. But I was a bit of a loner before all this craziness started.

Loretta said...

Thank you Del. I'm in the same boat as are most of my friends, all of whom are quilters, artists and/or gardeners. All, without exception, don't understand why they are flitting from pillar to post without any enthusiasm! My best concentration is when I am gardening. However, the problem -- my knees. Gardening means on my knees much of the time, so my time on my knees is short, but I repeat the process over and over during the day to give them a break between kneeling! See how much time this silly thought stays with me! We are in times of craziness that's for sure. I just plug away little by little, as you probably are doing. We need to hang in there as do as we can do and, for me, I'm thankful for whatever it is I get done---well, except vacuuming and laundry :-)

sonja said...

I too flounder about from studio inside to wet studio ,aka also my deck, actually finished a prayer flag yesterday "Be Kind".i am also a loner as in most people make me tired and those that exhaust me i avoid like the .... Gardening is great early am and late afternoon . Am pinching back my tomato starts from a plum tom from Costco gone to seed in bottom of a veg drawer...housekeeping is so far down the list and peeps rarely if ever come over,so i rarely do it. I just take off my glasses! Eating and cooking same, early or past sunset for DH and our 2 cats in the yard...life used to be so hard, (sorry C S N on our house song), now it is strange on a good day. 2 much coffee and don't forget wine at sunset, not drink more and not less just right...and one more while cooking!!!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

{{hugs}] appropriately socially distanced, of course. I think we need to be gentle with ourselves and do what we are able and not expect too much. The art will come.