Friday, July 3, 2020

Friday Food 07-03-20




My very kind neighbors who are Indian continue to share some meals with me.  This last week there was enough for two dinners and I enjoyed them both!   I will see if they will give me the names of these dishes to share with you. 

I sometimes take Mariam a plate or bowl or a takeout container like this.  She prefers it to sending her dishes that I need to return. 


On the top is a mixture of ground turkey, carrots, herbs, and other ingredients.  At the top in the center is a green leaf that she calls curry leaf.  I have to pick those out as they are tough to chew.  She says they also pick them out.  
The green vegetable on the bottom is, I'm sure, kale cut very small and sauted with onions and....!


This was wonderful and I had not eaten it before.  It is vermicelli with onions, more green leaves, and delicious sauteed small pieces of cauliflower.  I would make this myself and may ask for the recipe.  

I always have plain, unsweetened yogurt to eat with everything, it tones down the spiciness which can bother my aging stomach!  

#   #   #





3 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

If you get the recipe for the rice dish, please share it with us. It looks delicious!

Loretta said...

Happy 4th, Del. The vermicelli w/onions + looks delicious and I would love to have the recipe too! I would also like to know more about the green kale/spinach dish...I love both of those vegetables and need changes in my world of tastes! Well, the questions this morning....do I put out the American flag to celebrate the 4th. I've always celebrated our country's independence, but this year...so much going on it is difficult to interpret loyalty to our nation! Please, take care and stay well.

Sherrie Spangler said...

My mouth is watering just looking at your Indian food. Many years ago an Indian neighbor in Kansas, of all places, taught me how to make some of their delicious dishes. It's interesting that they fry their spices first, then add the main ingredients. She also had me grinding my own spices. Have a Happy 4th.