Thursday, September 3, 2020

Birthday flowers 09-02-20

Thank you to all the kind, thoughtful people who sent Birthday Greetings to this old lady.   I can't express how much it means to me.  It makes me think about the "Cheers" intro song about "....everybody knows my name."   Thank you. 


One friend send this beautiful fragrant bouquet to cheer my days for awhile.  Daisies and carnations, what a great combination.  

Those interesting loops around the flowers look like ribbons, but are actually leaves.   I should know what kind they are, but I can't think of it now.  They have made a small hole in the middle of the leaf and folded it back to insert the stem through the hole.  These loops are placed with the stems in the water around the edge of the vase.  Clever.



Today I had lunch with my isolated friends at their home with take out from Cedar Creek Inn in Brea.   I had fish tacos that were street version with three small tortillas and a filling of flaked fish (cod or halibut?) and chopped veggies.  I ate them before I even thought of a picture!  

It has been a lovely birthday.  Thank you all again. 

#   #   #



4 comments:

Loretta said...

A very special day for you...thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Rebecca said...

That is a clever trim on the bouquet. Once you explained it, I can see the tips of the leaves. Quite nice.

This post reminds me that I forgot about a friend's birthday yesterday! I have remembered it because it is my anniversary. I got a nice bouquet, also: white roses and stargazer lilies. I didn't think to take a photo, though. That comes of decades of living with a camera-phobe, I guess.

Carol said...

It was fun celebrating! Here’s to next year’s celebration. Let’s hope it doesn’t have to be in isolation.

Martha Ginn said...

Aspidistra leaves, I think. Fast approaching my 85th, I can tell you that 82 will be even better than 81, so look forward to this next year. We wise ones must stay focused on making this world a more compassionate one while we have the chance. You and Koko take care!