Saturday, September 5, 2020

Yes, it is VERY hot. 09-05-20

KoKo and I took a very short walk this morning when it was already 85F and just walked around the backyard this evening about 8pm when it was 100F or so.  The high today was 111F.  Fortunately, the A/C is still working and there have not been any brownouts in our area.   I'm not much of an early bird, but I think we will need to walk about 7am when the temp is supposed to be 80F.    I know that we aren't the only ones who are suffering this holiday weekend, but each year it is harder for me to tolerate the heat.  If it weren't for the Virus we would go up to the mountains, or even Canada, for a month or so.  Too bad.  




The Gazanias love the heat and this particullar color is HOT, isn't it?

I don't know what this vine is, but it is my favorite acid green color. 

#   #   #

2 comments:

Janet W said...

Sweet potato vine. Jane Sassaman's new quilt is her abstraction of these gorgeous leaves. Check it out on her Instagram feed.

Bobby Matthews said...

I enjoyyed reading this