Saturday, September 11, 2021

Bad Memories of 9/11/01


This little 14X14 quilt is "New Growth" which I made for Karey Bresenhan's project after 9/11.  It is in her book showing all the quilts made for the project.   My thought was that out of the ashes would come a new strength among all Americans and a surge of patriotism and cooperation.  Guess I am not a psychic, huh?  The towers are pieced and everything else was fused.  It was a hard piece to work on - I kept thinking of all the children who would never again see their parent.  My father died of kidney failure in 1942 when I was four.  Although there were pictures of him my only actual memory is of him sitting with me on my grandparents porch and teaching me how to tie my shoes.  It is hard to grow up without both parents.  

#   #   #

No comments: