Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Busy day 12-14-22

Yesterday I did 105 steps!  Those were almost all trips to the bathroom!  Don't know how many steps today, but I was out and about a lot.  Thoughtful friend Tina took KoKo for walks both morning and night.   However, the boys in the cul de sac needed rides to school, which isn't a lot of steps, just get in the car in the garage and drive them to school and drive back to park in the garage!  But then today was the Book Group Xmas lunch, where I parked in the spot closest to the restaurant door, gimped in, sat, ate, visited, and then gimped back to the car, picked up Julian and delivered him to his house, parked in my garage and sat for a nap!  Then to the PTherapist where I didn't have my phone to count my steps, but there weren't a lot.  Finally home to the garage again,  Don't I live an exciting life? 

It was nice to see the Book Group ladies, except Carol who stayed home to protect us from her cold.  Thank you, Carol.  We talked about our Christmas Day plans and caught up with all our lives.  I left before we discussed the book.  I didn't finish it, only read about halfway and struggled with every page.  It is on Kindle if I decide I need to finish it - NOT.  Instead I started "The World According to Garp" that I enjoyed so much in 1979 that my husband asked me to not read it in bed because I kept chuckling and keeping him awake!  So far I am not finding it funny at all, but I'm only about a 1/4th of the way in.  

We always exchange smallish gifts and this year was a good year.   I showed you the bags I gave containing a book gift card, a long skinny Lindt bar, and a FIRE EXTINQUISHER!  Seems like something everyone might not have and may never need, but good to have if one forgets a pan on the burner or sets a fire in the toaster oven.  These extinguishers are a one shot deal, so no need to remember to have them recharged periodically.  I have five that require that and have to mark my calendar to remember to do the recharge.  

So, now it is almost 10pm PST and I am very tired.  I think pain does that.  So, early to bed and tomorrow is maybe another 105 step day.


#   #   #


1 comment:

Loretta said...

Seems to me, you are doing great!!! You are a busy lady even when you are not! Take care.