Friday, December 16, 2022

Friday Food 12-16-22

It is a dessert time of year, isn't it?  So many pictures of desserts in my photo files.  I just went through and chose six.  Now I want to dig through the freezer and see if there is something sweet to eat before I go to bed.   Since the photo program Picasa disappeared I don't have captions on most pictures before that sad day.  But you can mostly tell what yummies these are.  

Three varieties of cookies from our local "Cookie Elements" shop.  Not as large or as expensive as Crumbl, but I like them better. 

A lovely looking and delicious dessert served to the Book Group one day. 

A chocolate cake topped with whipped cream at Il Vecchio in Pacific Grove.  Three ladies, three spoons, not a crumb left. 

Scoops of ice cream topped with blackberries and a mint leaf. 

"Take the gun, leave the Cannoli."

A great homemade cake topped with fresh strawberries...  and whipped cream on each slice. 

#   #   #

3 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

I'll take the cannoli! I've been buying the Danish almond kringle at Trader Joe's when it comes out at this time of year. It's truly addictive.

Anonymous said...

Me, too! I need sweets every day. My daughter asked what I wanted for Christmas, and I said “A couple of months of kringle-by-mail from Wisconsin.” (The source of TJ’s kringle.) Dottie (Google won’t let me sign in today)

Martha Ginn said...

Del, I am just reading this post about Kringles--a new to me northern treat. You are so convincing that I looked them up and ordered the Almond Kringle for my birthday--coming up Dec. 26. Turning 87 deserves something to pamper myself with, doesn't it? Haha.
Have a wonderful holiday!
Martha