Monday, November 5, 2007

Quilt Card Process #3 11-05-07

The bird seemed a little flat to me, so I fused a strip of red to the bottom edge of the wing before applying. I also gave this bird a golden eye - for no good reason!

"Bird on a Tree #6" ( c )2007 9"W X 12"L

Del Thomas Placentia, CA

An original quilt made for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.

I used a torn edge binding, because I don't think a little quilt like this really needs much of a binding. It is a single layer with the torn edge on the top and the back edge folded under to be caught in the stitching, which is done from the top.

On the back I used the Fast Triangles so the owner can insert a flat stick in the top two and hang it on the wall. I usually use four triangles because I like it to be symmetrical. The buyer also has some options if the quilt can be hung with any side up.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christine Thresh said...

I liked seeing the close-up of your little bird. Great, perky quilt. It will cheer everybody up.