Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Miscellaneous 01-30-08

My blog friend Christine Thresh posted a video on her blog this morning, but I haven't gotten that far on the learning curve. So, I refer you to her blog at http://winnowings.blogspot.com/ for the joyful meeting of a group of elephants at an elephant sanctuary in Tennessee. It did bring tears to my eyes and might to yours.

I packaged up ten pounds of 1930s fabrics today because I have found someone who can use them in her quiltmaking. What a great feeling to be able to pass them on and not throw them out. Or continue to store them in my 'fabric library'. I used to do quilt repairs and built quite a collection of those Depression era fabrics, from tiny bits to yardage size pieces. I really enjoyed repairing or restoring quilts, but it is a thankless job because people don't like to pay for the time it takes to do those repairs. Even if we agreed on a set price beforehand there would be reluctance to foot the bill. Additionally, they wanted the work done yesterday! I could no longer take the aggravation and now I won't be tempted because I no longer have the fabrics. Hurrah!

No comments: