Saturday, February 2, 2008

4 skinny strip backgrounds 02-02-08

I rephotographed a couple of the lousy pictures from yesterday. And tried a few other backgrounds.

This is my original choice.



And here is the red w/o so much reflection on the vinyl.



This background was much more gold before I sent it over from Picasa.


This very pale stripe is a piece of furnishing fabric.

You will notice that the strips have gotten closer and I think that is more the look I am going for.

The latest SAQA journal has one of Eileen Lauterborn's quilts on the cover. Her gorgeous work is all done with REALLY skinny strips, like 1/4 inch. http://www.eileenlauterborn.com/

2 comments:

artquiltpost said...

message

jpsam said...

Hi Del!
The top one seems "right" -- maybe because of the repetition of the background color in the strips. But I love the bottom one -- I love the repeated strips in the background and on this monitor (on my laptop and not the best) the background colors also seem to relate.

Lots of rain here. Soup weather.
joan