Friday, February 1, 2008

Skinny strips, again 01-31-08


I'm really getting hooked on skinny strips. I assembled the strips differently this time. Using the black fabric as a base I fused different colors and shapes randomly to the base, then I turned it over and fused a layer of Misty Fuse on the back of the base fabric. And finally I free cut the strips. They are just laid on the background fabric here, but when the time comes the strips will be easier to fuse down. This version seems a little dull to me.
In my box of fused bits I had these squiggles with the fusible already on, so I thought I would see how some contrasting color would look. For some reason they make me think of Halloween - pink pumpkins on a three rail fence? ThenI ran out of steam! Maybe I can get back to them tomorrow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: