Monday, March 10, 2008

Decisions, decisions 03-10-08

So far the vote goes to the saggy green garage. But I haven't decided yet - the garage might be too complex for me to work on in a class. I just hope you all don't expect some fabulous creation from this class. I am a terrible student - easily distracted and with a zillion or so things I want to do besides sit in class. And there is the problem of my creative peak coming about 10pm instead of 10am. But I always enjoy being at Asilomar and after several dozen classes with Ruth she knows what to expect from me. I feel that I learn more from her if I follow her around the classroom and watch/listen to her as she helps other students solve their design and fabric selection problems. I know that the class will be in Nautilus, my favorite Asilomar classroom. If the sun is shining we will have fairly good light and a lovely view out the back windows. Eighteen days before it is time to depart - I'm already getting anxious!

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

Ruth will help you simplify the shaggy green garage. Have fun.

jpsam said...

I love that saggy green garage! I've given up thinking about a class as a place to make something. Now I just go, try to be relaxed and receptive, and if something comes of it, fine. I just hate it when I start to feel as if I am somehow letting the teacher down if it isn't a masterpiece. My advice is to play with fabrics you love, on a subject that interests you. I think it would be brilliant if you did just follow Ruth around as she helps the other students! And then also do research on the pelicans, and the otters, and the gulls, and the waves, and the cypress...
You will have so much fun!
joan