Friday, March 14, 2008

FFAC over & BCQG meeting 03-13-08

The FFAC Reverse Auction ended today and Virginia Spiegel is happy with the $8794.00 that was raised for the American Cancer Society. All but one of the pieces sold. I bought Terry Grant's "Judith's Garden" for the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection. And Karey Bresenhan bought my "Color Bowls - Two" for her personal collection. Needless to say I am pretty stoked about that! Check out the rest of the quilts and their purchasers at
This evening I went to the monthly meeting of Beach Cities Quilters Guild which meets in San Juan Capistrano. Although I am a long time member I don't go very often because it is almost 80 miles round trip. Tonight I went because a quorum was needed and although there are over 500 members, fewer than half are at any one meeting. So, I drove down to visit with friends and to be there for the voting. It is a wonderful group of ladies and they are always doing something interesting. This quilt is the opportunity quilt for the quilt show early in June - just as wonderful as all those of previous years. I will happily sell you a ticket! 1 for $1 or 6 for $5. Put a comment on this post or e-mail me at DELQLTS@aol.com


Posted by Picasa

No comments: