Saturday, June 21, 2008

COOL Flowers 06-21-08

I am at Corky's house again tonight. It may be cooler here than in Placentia, but even so it was in the 90s today and now at 11:30pm it is 79F. I was looking at these pictures of cool blue-violet flowers hoping to give myself cool dreams tonight.
Sweet Alyssum - which comes in white, pink and violet.

Wild Radish - it also comes in white, pink and violet.
Ceonothus - also called California Lilac, but it isn't a lilac and has almost no fragrance.

Morning Glory - 0pens one color and fades to pink before the blossom falls.
Heliotrop has an awesome fragrance - belongs to borage family.

I don't know what this is and have not been able to identify it. I think of it as the violet-bunny-with-a white-head-flower!

NOTE: My online friend Joan wrote that this is Salvia leucantha, also known as Mexican Bush Sage. Thanks, Joan. 06-22-08

I'll take Corky for a walk early in the morning - maybe 6am - just in case tomorrow is another scorcher. Tonight's walk was after 8pm and we both were too hot, too fast.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jpsam said...

This mystery plant of yours is really bugging me. Do you think it is a cultivar of Salvia leucantha?
joan

Del said...

Thanks, jpsam, that is exactly what it is. See
http://www.floridata.com/ref/S/salv_leu.cfm
Isn't blogging great?

meggie said...

Oh I have so enjoyed my visit to your blog. Please keep blogging!
Can we see Corky- I am a bit of a dog nut, & especially poodles.
Thankyou for your nice letter too, BTW.

jpsam said...

Your specimen (and the color in your luscious photo) is much nicer. It is very easy to propagate...

joan