Monday, June 16, 2008

Fabric Addiction 06-16-08

Sometimes I think I am more of a fabric collector than a quilt maker. My friend Patty and I are both in the process of culling our collections, but I had to laugh at both of us buying more new fabric recently. I think she bought hers at a shop, but since I won't be up to Pacific Grove and my favorite shop "Back Porch Fabrics" for a few more months, I went online to www.eQuilter.com to look for just one bright striped fabric.
This is what I ended up with! Well, diagonal stripes are rare and always great for bindings, especially on quilts for children.

And who could resist this one called "Monster Teeth Stripes"?
As for my 'culled' fabrics, they will go to BCQG for the December sale, silent auction and auction. And some to the Philanthropic committee - they will probably enjoy the fabrics for children's quilts that I have never gotten around to. But I will still have a 'fabric room' with enough fabrics for two lifetimes. Yes, I am a fabric collector!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

..My friend! I do hope that you are making Better progress on the organization of fabrics etc. than am I!...I will be having the 'W's' for 12 days too. Probably won't have much time-or-energy for organizing in here while they are visiting.

Patty ♣ said...

I forgot to say that I LOVE all of the fabrics you have shown here!!!!

Terry Grant said...

I love stripes. So useful, in my opinion. I guess I need to go shopping. I haven't seen any of these. I especially like the 2nd and 3rd pieces from the top. I'd make a summer shirt out of that 3rd one!